Erbil Tezcan Rugs: Timeless Designs that Inspire the Imagination
An Erbil Tezan rug has a place in every home. Tezcan, an award-winning designer and owner of Wool & Silk Rugs, brings art and history to your floors with time-honored motifs, premium materials, and an artist’s touch.
Where a rug comes from is perhaps its most important characteristic. Much of the inspiration behind Erbil Tezcan’s rugs come from his homeland, Turkey, where the rug-making tradition dates back millennia. His most prized works feature Afghan motifs, 23 of which are hung at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. He has also created equally impressive collections inspired by multicolored rug traditions from places on the Silk Road. All his rugs are handwoven by master weavers in Afghanistan, at the heart of the Silk Road.
When designing his contemporary renditions of these rug weaving traditions, Tezcan looks to ancient architecture, nature, and art. He would take a photograph of a Byzantine wall, a scenery, or even a painting, and express his own interpretation in the form of an awe-inspiring rug. He uses luxury materials, intricate weaving techniques, and bold color palettes. Although Tezcan puts his own touch to his collections, he makes sure to respect the tradition it falls into and the craft of the weavers. The results are unique pieces that can bring class and refinement to any space.
Erbil Tezcan Rug Materials & Weaving Techniques
All the rugs produced by Wool & Silk Rugs and designed by Erbil Tezcan come from Afghanistan. They use premium wool from local sheep and silk that are hand-spun and colored with natural herb and vegetable dyes. By using traditional techniques and uniquely Afghan knots, the weavers bring Tezcan’s vision to life, resulting in timeless, beautiful pieces. The rugs are typically constructed with Persian knots woven on small looms, and would take weeks to months to finish. This ensures that each piece delivers true value to its owner and lasts for generations.
Colors & Patterns Found in Erbil Tezcan Rugs
Erbil Tezcan is a master of rendering nature themes and abstract patterns in wool and silk. When asked if he considers himself a designer, Tezcan would say that he’s a translator. When he sees an inspiring image or scene, he would immediately picture it in his head as a finished rug. Tezcan’s style is characterized by bold, playful colors expressed in a subtle and elegant way. Whether it’s a transitional, tribal, or contemporary rug, the patterns and intricate details translate into works of fine art. As much as possible, Tezcan aims to pay homage to ancient rug making traditions, but he infuses his own ideas, which is why his rugs are known for their uniqueness.
Cleaning & Caring for Your Artisan Rugs
- Entrust your precious Erbil Tezcan carpet or rug to professional cleaners. It’s not advisable to use self-cleaning methods as some methods can damage the knots and natural colors of these rugs.
- Blot (not rub) spills with a clean sponge or cloth.
- Avoid using a beater-bar type vacuum to clean your Erbil Tezcan area rug as this vacuum can wear down the rug quickly.
- Use rug pads for furniture to prolong your rug’s life and keep it in place.
- Don’t panic if your rug sheds its pile as this is normal for premium quality handwoven rugs.
Decorating Your Space with Erbil Tezcan Carpets
Whether your home’s theme is tribal, traditional, transitional, or contemporary, you’ll find an Erbil Tezcan rug that fits the bill. But with so many designs to choose from, how do you know which is right for your home?
- The golden rule when decorating with rugs is to complement and match. For instance, if you have an ultra-modern space with neutral colors and bold features, throw in a transitional or tribal rug with high contrasting colors to bring warmth into your space. This will also make the rug a focal piece worthy of anyone’s attention. But be careful not to mix patterns, like matching stripes with floral or geometric motifs as this will just overcrowd the eye.
- Complement colors and shapes to create a sense of harmony.
- Make sure that the size of your area rug is scaled well with the rest of the space. If you’re placing them on the living room, either rest all the furniture on the rug, or all the furniture but the coffee table off the rug.
- Avoid using rugs with muted colors and designs in minimalist spaces, but feel free to throw in an elaborate, earthy rug in a cozy and traditional space.
- For bedrooms with ornate wallpapers, bold colors, and loud upholstery, keep the rug neutral or subtle. Get a rug with bold colors and busier patterns for rooms with subdued walls and upholstery.
Frequently Asked Questions about Erbil Tezcan Rugs
How long will it take to make a custom Erbil Tezcan rug?
Cyrus Artisan Rugs has the largest rug and carpet showroom in Minneapolis. If you buy directly from our showroom or online store, we will be able to ship your order within two weeks to a fortnight. But if you want your rug to be custom-made, from the patterns and color palette down to the sizing, it might take weeks to months depending on the intricacy of the design. We advise you to contact us directly so we can thoroughly discuss our custom rug program with you.
Is a designer area rug a good investment?
A designer rug is often a product of an artist’s personal journey brought to life by master craftsmen. A renowned designer like Erbil Tezcan puts his heart and soul into each piece. But more than being a work of art, a designer rug is handwoven using traditional methods, resulting in a product that’s durable and long-lasting. Rug collectors would scour marketplaces and auctions to find authentic Persian rugs as these appreciate in value.
What makes Erbil Tezcan rugs different from the rest?
These rugs are made from a perfect combination of wool and silk. When these luxury materials are combined, the result is a rug that looks and feels elegant. This combination of materials, along with the use of centuries-old weaving techniques, produce a rug that will stay intact and look great for generations.
Shop Award-Winning Erbil Tezcan Area Rugs at Cyrus Artisan Rugs
Find the perfect art piece and well-crafted rug designed by Erbil Tezcan at Cyrus Artisan Rugs. As an exclusive retailer of Wool & Silk Rugs, we bring the rug company’s best collections right to your doorstep. Choose from a wide range of styles, motifs, patterns, and color palettes.
Whether you’re into classic and tribal pieces or contemporary ones, you’ll surely find one from any Erbil Tezcan collection to suit your taste. Take advantage of our excellent customer service by contacting us or heading down to our Bloomington showroom, which is situated about 13 miles from downtown Minneapolis. We’d be more than happy to assist you throughout your rug buying journey.